ActionFunder is a ‘tech-for-good’ B-Corp that makes it easy for companies to fund local non-profits and community groups. We also provide bespoke services and deliver campaigns for companies to engage local communities and boost grassroots action and engagement.
This funding makes a real difference to the local community and we’re looking for someone to join the delivery team to help companies deliver this funding. The work will involve working with companies to define their community funding strategy and process, managing and scoring applications to produce project shortlists, organising and running judging panels, liaising with community groups to award funding and helping companies understand community impact.
About the role
You are self-motivated and thrive in a varied role. You will be able to take responsibility for a number of projects and client relationships. You will be detail oriented, yet aware of the bigger picture. We place high levels of trust in our team, support each other and reward results. You will be used to working in a small, but growing team and align with our values: Positive, Ambitious, Respectful, Trustworthy and Inclusive. You’re passionate about community and want to make a difference.
You’ll be expected to work in our London or Bristol office a minimum of 2 days per week and there may be occasional UK travel. Whilst this is a full-time role, we are also happy to consider people wanting to work a 4 day week. Salary is around £30k depending upon experience.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work on and lead the delivery and management of projects to time and budget.
- Manage relationships with clients keeping them up to date with progress, responding to their needs
as well as identifying and solving any problems issues that arise.
- Ensuring projects demonstrate and deliver social and community impact including writing reports
and case studies.
- Researching communities and identifying the support that they need, designing the experience for
campaign participants and beneficiaries with the support of the team.
- Creating and reviewing project content including project updated & social media posts.
- Have experience of working to deadlines on a variety of tasks
- Have experience of managing small and large projects, including detailed task and resource
management in relevant software (e.g. Asana, Monday etc.).
- Be a self-starter willing and able to deliver tasks and projects with minimal supervision.
- Be comfortable dealing with a variety of individuals and teams at all levels of an organisation from
individuals running community groups through to senior members of FTSE companies.
- Be confident communication and presentation skills
- Have previous experience of local community organisations and/or the grant process although this
is not essential.
- Have previous experience of CSR/ESG frameworks although this is not essential.
There will be two rounds of remote interviews with various members of the team. Selected candidates will be invited to attend a second round of interviews which will include a task requiring no more than 1 hour of preparation time.
Round 1 interviews: w/c 27th March, Round 2 interviews: w/c 3 April
We’d like the successful candidate to start ASAP but we’re willing to be flexible for the right candidate.
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter outlining why you would like to work for ActionFunder and believe you are well suited for the role to