TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Application instructions on all marketing materials and websites are deemed to form part of these terms and conditions.
1. The Promoter and Data Controller is: Wetherspoon House, Reeds Crescent, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD24 4QL. Do not send nominations to this address as they will not be accepted.
2. This promotion is only open to consumers who are aged 18 years or over and who are resident in Great Britain (“Applicants”).
3. This promotion will include pub led activations advertised through selected pubs (“Pub Activations”) and Wetherspoon led activations advertised through Wetherspoon (“Wetherspoon Activations”) and Carling led activations advertised through Carling (“Carling Activations”). The application period for the Wetherspoons, Carling and Pub Activations opens at 00.01hrs on 26 September 2022 and closes at 23.59hrs on 31 October 2022 (“Activations Application Period”). Only one nomination per person per day permitted. Nominating the same project numerous times will not increase the chances of the nomination being selected. The promoter holds the right to extend the entry deadline.
4. To submit an application, during the Activations Application Period, Applicants must visit http://actionfunder.org/wetherspoon. To be eligible to be shortlisted applicants must sign up to ActionFunder and match the fund criteria. All applications must follow and comply with the ‘Application Guidelines’ below:
i. Keep it about the community. We want to help with problems that need fixing outside of the pub and in the wider community with a particular focus on mental health and sports or physical wellbeing;
ii. The nomination should enable sociability. We want to be as inclusive as possible. Your idea should benefit more than just a few people and benefit as many of the wider community as possible;
iii. Make sure your nomination is a tangible project. We can’t just give a monetary donation to a local cause;
iv. Make sure the audience is right for Wetherspoons and Carling. We cannot support projects that primarily or solely directly benefit children due to the association of our alcoholic brands.
v. Nominations must be from an established group and/or charity or local church
vi. Each project can apply for funding of up to a maximum of three thousand pounds (£3,000) only.
vii. Projects will be selected based on four main criteria:
1. Level of community impact; how much beneficial change will the project
create in the local area?
2. Level of community need: is there a strong need for the project to happen?
3. Timeframe: can it be completed within a three-month period?
4. Attainability: how achievable is it to complete this project?
5. During the Activation Application Period, Carling and Wetherspoons will provide a total minimum funding contribution of £40,000 towards selected community projects and their fulfilment. The Promoter cannot guarantee the number of projects that can be fulfilled and the proportion of contribution per project.
6. The Activation Application Period consists of one round 26 September 2022 – 31 October 2022. Round 2 is the “Wetherpoon and Carling Voting and Selection Round” which will start at the end of each Activation Application Round and will end within thirty (30) days of the Activation Application Round.
7. The Promoter cannot guarantee that an Applicant’s project will be selected. Our third-party fulfilment Agency “ActionFunder” and other representatives will shortlist Applications based on the “Application Criteria”. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for, and reserves the right to refuse, entries which are corrupt, incomplete, indecipherable, are not in accordance with the entry instructions or fail to arrive by the end of the nomination periods. No responsibility will be accepted for any entries that are delayed or that are unable to be sent due to lack of network coverage, delays, postal issues or any other reason beyond the Promoter’s control.
8. During the Wetherpoon and Carling Voting and Selection Round the voting and selection panel will consist of representatives from the Promoter, Carling and Wetherspoons, facilitated by ActionFunder (the Promoter’s agency supporting with the promotion). The judging criteria will include: that the nomination abides by the Nomination Guidelines, is perceived to have a significant local community benefit (in the opinion of the panel), complies with any applicable laws and any other criteria set by the Promoter. The decision on winning projects is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. The scope of each project, the funding of each project and execution of each project is at the discretion of the Promoter. ”ActionFunder” will contact the relevant third parties to fulfil the funding for each winning project.
10. Successful applications will be notified via ActionFunder within thirty (30) days of each Wetherspoons and Carling Voting and Selection Round. The Applicant will be subject to a verification process to confirm that they satisfy these terms and conditions. Applicants will not win funding if their application is unsuccessful.
11. By entering an application all Applicants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these Terms and Conditions as well as the Terms and Conditions of ActionFunder (https://www.actionfunder.org/commercial-terms/). All application instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Applicant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the Applicant has breached any of the terms and conditions.
13. Each successful project in whole or in part is non-transferable. No cash or alternative project will be offered in whole or in part, except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a project of equal or greater value.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, alter or terminate this promotion at any time due to circumstances beyond its control and also change and/ or appoint another fulfilment agency to assist with completion of the promotion.
15. Any personal data relating to Applicants will be used solely in accordance with current Data Protection Act 2018 and will not be disclosed to a third party (other than the Promoter’s agencies for the purpose of servicing/ implementing the promotion and projects and customers) without the individual’s prior written consent.
16. If the Promoter has grounds to suspect any Applicant or third party of cheating,
deception, or fraudulent conduct of any kind the Promoter or the participating outlet reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to disqualify any Applicant or person it reasonably believes to be responsible for, or associated with, such activity. Failure by the Promoter or the participating outlet to enforce any of their rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
17. To the fullest extent permissible by law, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered or sustained as a result of participation in the promotion or redemption of a project.
18. The Promoter does not take responsibility for, recommend or guarantee the
performance of any contractual or other obligations of third parties associated with the projects and shall not be liable for any fraud committed by any third party.
19. With the exception of death or personal injury arising out of the Promoter’s negligence or the negligence of its employees, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by law, all liability whatsoever on the part of the Promoter for any costs, expenses, losses, damages, liabilities, injury or disappointment including any loss of profits, business, contracts, revenues or anticipated savings and whether special, direct, indirect, consequential, suffered by the Nominee howsoever arising in connection with the promotion are excluded.
20. The name of each successful Applicant and brief details of their nominated project will be available by sending a SAE to ActionFunder? Customer? address? from 30 (thirty) days after the end of the Wetherspoons and Carling Voting and Selection Round for a period of 3 months.
21. Successful Nominees may be required to participate in reasonable unpaid publicity as specified by the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to use successful Nominee’s name and reference their project and publish those details on Wetherspoons and Carling social media pages and PR.
22. These Terms and Conditions, this promotion and any other dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
23. The Promoter does not intend to use this promotion in any way to encourage the excessive consumption of alcohol.